ONLINE: Preventing Medical Errors in the Tech Age (2 CE)
Time & Location
About the Event
Everyone makes mistakes, but competent and ethical healthcare demands a higher standard. This course reviews Florida laws pertaining to mental health treatment by licensed clinical social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists. With the emergence of electronic health records, clinicians are challenged in new ways to prevent medical errors and promote client welfare.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define “medical error”;
- Apply root cause analysis to identify and evaluate medical errors;
- Describe and implement strategies to prevent medical errors;
- Discuss common errors in mental healthcare settings; and,
- Identify potential consequences of errors, including ethical and legal implications.
Cost: $15 (**LIMITED TIME ONLY**)
- ONLINE: Medical Errors (2 CE)$15$150$0